- Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
- Keep skunks, bankers, and politicians at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- If you don’t take the time to do it right, you’ll find the time to do it twice.
- Don’t corner something that is meaner than you.
- Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Every path has a few puddles.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
- Don’t be banging your shin on a stool that’s not in the way.
- Borrowing trouble from the future doesn’t deplete the supply.
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
- Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
- Silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Don‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t botherin’ you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
- Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
- The biggest troublemaker you’ll ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.
- Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
- If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
- Most times, it just gets down to common sense.
I do not know the origin of this message. If it should be removed, let me know and I will do so.